Baby Gates with pet door is one of the best things happened to the owners who have both pets and small babies at their home.Though this type of gate is mainly built for the pets,you can still rely on them to work as a baby gate as well.
The gate has separate door-to be precise, a pet door!Which means, the gate will be perfect to keep your large pets away from the baby,but at the same time,small pets like cats or puppies can still make their way to the other side of the gate.
Keep reading, as we will cover some of the most interesting points to consider while buying a pet gate.
Key Points to Consider before buying a Pet Gate
First of all, a pet gate will be perfect for you if you have small or medium pet(or even larger) pet at your home along with your baby or toddler.
Second, what is the size of those animals and if you want to restrict their movement to certain areas, like near your baby's quarters.
Third, Consider what type of baby gate you want to install?a pressure-mounted or a permanent hardware mounted baby gate?
With all these information in hand,it will be much easier you to come up with a selection of Baby Gate or best pet gates for your home.
What are the Best Pet Gates available in the market?
Well, when it comes to a pet gate, you really don't have many choices as compared to a normal baby gates.We have gone through all the reviews and features of the available brands, and found out Carlson Pet gates to be the best in the market.
We are going to a give a complete review of the Carlson Pet Gates in the following sections.Keep reading.
#1.Carlson Extra Wide Walk-The Best Standard Pet Gate
A perfect white-pressure mounted gate which is made of durable steel product. The gate has two extension pieces as well to give you further flexibility to cover up a bigger area and restrict your pets.The gate can be expanded up to 44 inches in width.
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to stairways and openings between 29-36.5 inches wide. Stands 30.5 inches tall. Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. No tools required and is gentle on walls.
- SMALL PET DOOR: Patented small pet door is 8 x 8 inches. Let's small pets pass through, while keeping everyone else out. Includes locking feature.
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 4-inch wide extension kit. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door. Easy close door feature included.
- SAFETY: Includes safety-lock feature, non-toxic finishes and wall mounts for added security.
The gate has a 10 inches high and 7 inches wide pet door which makes it easier for the small pets to pass through if you wish.
For the additional safety, the gate has a safety lock feature i.e one-touch release safety lock and a door that will open in one direction.
So overall, this a great choice of pet gate if you have both smaller and larger size of pets in your house.
#2.Carlson Flexi Pet Gate-The Best Extra Wide Pet Gate
This model is almost similar to the previous model.But it can be used further to cover a much larger space.With additional extensions,you can expand it up to 76 inches.It is a permanent mount gate.
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to stairways and openings up to 76 inches wide. Stands 38 inches tall. Wall mounted design for added security.
- SMALL PET DOOR: Patented small pet door is 10 x 7 inches. Let's small pets pass through, while keeping everyone else out. Includes locking feature.
- ADJUSTABLE: Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage.
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door.
- SAFETY: Includes safety-lock feature and wall mounts for added security.
Wrapping it Up
Many people question whether a pet gate can also be used as a baby gate as well.If you try to find an answer, most of the answers will be no.However, there are also a group people who are using it with larger babies and toddlers along with the pet. The key point to remember here is that the primary use of this gate is to keep your pets away from your baby.
While, the gate can perfectly control the larger pets, you have to be extra careful with the smaller pets which can easily crawl through the pet door.Another important thing to consider is-since the pet door is quite spacious for your toddlers to go through, your baby might make an attempt to crawl through the door to reach to his mama or dadda.
Last update on 2019-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API